Arcflex is a lip retractor developed to help professionals of several areas of dentistry (aesthetic dentistry, endodontics, orthodontics, prostheses, periodontics, pediatric dentistry, etc.). Its function is to retract cheeks, lips and tongue and expose the dental arches with comfort and safety for the patient.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Quick assembling: the product can be fully disassembled to facilitate disinfection and sterilization.
• Sterilizable: it can be sterilized by autoclaving (up to 134°C).
• Size options: available in medium (M) and large (L) sizes.
• Practicality: made of material with tensile strength that enables you to compress and deform the arc to decrease its size and facilitate its introduction into the mouth. This tensile strength forces the concave frames apart and promotes a comfortable and safe retraction of the lips.
• Cheek retractor: the design of the main arch (lip retractor) allows for excellent access to the vestibular face of the dental arches without affecting the dentist’s field of vision.
• Tongue controller: Arcflex has a curved device that allows the patient to better position and control their tongue.
• Jaw resting platforms: it has two platforms specially created and positioned to allow the patient to relax their jaw, occluding directly on them.
• Placement wings: it has two support wings positioned in the center of the curvature of the concave parts that facilitate insertion, allowing the professional to hold and close the product with only one hand while helping oral insertion with the other. The closed product has reduced size when closed and its insertion is therefore easy and practical.
Arcflex is indicated for all situations where you want to have better exposure of the dental arches with the maximum retraction of the lips, cheeks, and with control of the patient’s tongue, including such procedures as:
- In-office whitening
- Application of desensitizers
- Restorations on anterior teeth
- Bonding of brackets
- Minor anterior gingival surgery
- Anterior prosthetic preparations
- Pictures taking