Since March, FGM has been taking various measures and actions to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and protect our staff, as well as initiatives to maintain customer service and support for them in this period of pandemic.
Here are the mais actions:
- We created a multidisciplinary committee to monitor all the situations related to the Coronavirus daily and, together with the administrative board, adopt the necessary measures.
- To ensure a fast, clear and transparent communication process, we are holding frequent online meetings with leaders from all areas.
- We are producing hand sanitizer gel and providing it to our staff, as it is hard to find or even unavailable in local suppliers.
- Weekly communication actions are carried out in order to raise awareness among employees regarding the necessary care, to avoid the spread of the Coronavirus, as well as to maintain mental health at this time. All the information is based on guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Brazilian Ministry of Health and professionals from the area.
- As a preventive measure, since early March, all meetings, trainings and face-to-face events were suspended, as well as visits to the factory. Another action in this regard was the cancellation of national and international trips of our workers.
- The factory is operating in two shifts, thus guaranteeing operations aligned with the guidelines of the Santa Catarina State Government for a 50% reduction in the total number of employees per work shift. Commuting regulations are also being followed.
- In order to protect our staff, several actions were implemented in our factories, such as: demarcation of the premises to maintain the necessary distance between people; intensification of cleaning routines and hand sanitizer gel reinforcement in all FGM operations; longer distancing of employees at lunchtime; use of masks (since 03/19) for everyone who is working in the company; workers are having their temperature taken when they arrive and leave the company’s facilities.
- Administrative staff has been working from home since 03/19. Workers at higher risk had priority for vacations.
- As a support measure for our clients and for the dental segment, which has been severely affected by this pandemic, we are making payments more flexible, through formal and individual negotiations. The availability of legal content is another action, in order to bring information that can contribute to the protection of the business and job maintenance.
- Since the beginning of the social isolation perio, we have offered free webinars with widely renowned dental professionals, sharing technical-scientific content on our communication channels.
We daily monitor the national guidelines and the ones of the state of Santa Catarina, where all our operations are, so that we can maintain our performance aligned with the guidelines of authorities and preserve the health and well-being of our staff.