Whiteness RM is a stain remover by microabrasion, which has in its composition hydrochloric acid at 6% and silicon carbide, that is extremely hard and sharp, which gives it a greater effectiveness when compared to other abrasives such as pumice stone, which is softer and not sharp. Thus, Whiteness RM can be considered a medium-power product with high effectiveness, because it combines medium acid content with high effectiveness of silicon carbide.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Greater abrasion: it has in its composition hydrochloric acid at 6% and silicon carbide, which is extremely hard and sharp, which gives it a greater effectiveness when compared to other abrasives such as pumice stone, which is softer and not sharp.
• Ease: gray color to highlight the area of application.
• Single session: safe, effective, conservative, and aesthetic technique, performed in a single session.
• Combination: can be combined with dental whitening.
• Comfort: does not cause dental sensitivity.
• Definitive stain removal: no recurrence.
• Excellent viscosity: ease in application.
• No waste: tips release amounts needed, preventing waste.
• Practicality: can be applied manually and with the aid of a rubber cup.
• Resistance: the microabraded surface becomes more resistant to demineralization.
• Controlled chemical and mechanical removal of enamel stained by fluorosis, surface hypoplasia of the enamel, structural defects that cause pigmentation, or white stains from inactive caries.
Step by Step
Proceed with isolation of the teeth with a rubber dam.
Apply a small amount of product on the surface to be abraded. Using the spatula that comes with the kit, do manual friction with the product on the stained enamel for 10 seconds.
Wash with plenty of water after each application. To verify the need for more applications of the product, the enamel surface should always be moist.
The microabrasion operation can be repeated up to 15 times in the same session, depending on the wear and the stain removal obtained.
If there is any doubt regarding the depth of the stain, note whether its shape and size change after the first applications. If it does not change, it is probably that it is a deeper stain and that the microabrasion technique is not suitable for its removal.
After washing and drying of the treated teeth, apply neutral sodium fluoride (Flúor Care – FGM) for 1 minute.
Then polish the enamel with a felt disk (Diamond Flex – FGM) and polishing paste (Diamond Excel – FGM).
White or brown fluorosis stains can be removed with the microabrasion technique. When there are defects on the surface of the enamel, they should be restored.
Whiteness RM is used to do controlled chemical and mechanical (microabrasion) removal of enamel stained by fluorosis and enamel surface hypoplasia. The determining factor for indication of the technique of microabrasion of the enamel is knowing the etiology of the stains. The use of microabrasion of the tooth enamel is extremely effective in cases of stain removal. The technique is considered safe, effective, conservative, and aesthetic, provided it is well indicated, performed, and supervised carefully by the professional.
• The technique is considered safe, effective, conservative, and aesthetic, provided it is well indicated, performed and supervised carefully by the professional;
• It can also be combined with the tooth whitening process in cases of localized intrinsic chromatic changes reaching a considerable margin of clinical success;
• The product is not suitable for removal of deep stains;
• A spatula can be used for friction of the product over the stained enamel for 10 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a rubber cup and contra-angle handpiece with reduced speed for 5 to 10 seconds.
Information for the Professional
• It is of fundamental importance that the procedure of enamel microabrasion be performed with absolute isolation, wearing protective eyewear for the professional, the patient and the assistant, protective mask for the professional and assistant, and use of operating gloves.
• The product has strongly acidic characteristics due to the presence of hydrochloric acid in the formula. Avoid contact of the product with the skin, eyes, and soft tissues of the oral cavity. In case of accidental contact, wash immediately with water. If necessary, seek medical attention.
• The product is not indicated for removal of deep stains.
• Open the packaging and test the viscosity of the product in a place away from the patient to prevent possible accidents.
• Handle the product only with operating gloves, protective mask, and safety glasses. Prevent inhalation of any vapors given off by the product.
• Never leave the product on the tooth surface without exerting control over its action, at the risk of causing excessive demineralization of the site.
• Not injectable.
• Do not reuse the syringe.
• Contact with the skin and eyes may cause localized irritation.
• Ingestion may cause damage to tissues of the upper digestive tract.
• Excessively deep abrasion may cause temporary tooth sensitivity.
• Always keep the product in its original packaging, properly closed.
• Store the product at temperatures of 5 to 25° C.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period is 2 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.