Have you ever wanted to have more time to work in direct restorations? Working with a composite resin that is less sensitive to room and reflector light is a great advantage specially when building complex restorations. And, what if that same resin would maintain its color and opacity before and after photopolymerization, increasing the predictability of the results? With the APS technology, that is possible, and the benefits are reached without need to use a specific photopolymerization equipment.
Total predictability of color and opacity before/after photopolymerization The large majority of composites available in the market undergo a significant color variation when photopolymerized. Vittra APS undergoes the lowest color change.
The APS system allows more work time for the Vittra APS resin when compared to systems with conventional photo-initiators available in the market. In the practice, Vittra APS resin allows the professional to work in the presence of light for enough time to sculpt even the most complex restorations.
Vittra APS’s composition includes sub-micrometric loads of zirconia silicate, with particles measuring an average of 200nm. Their format, content and nature contribute to the obtainment of elevated mechanical properties and excellent aesthetics, which are perceived by the easiness with which polishing and high-shine longevity are obtained.
1 syringe with 4g.
Available in shades: DA1, DA2, DA3, DA3.5, EA1, EA2, EA3, EB1, E-BLEACH.
- 1 syringe with 2g.
Available in shades: DA0, DA4, DA5, VM, VH, Trans OPL, Trans N.
DA1, DA2, DA3, EA1, EA2, Trans N
+ Ambar APS + Condac 37.
DA0, DA1, VH, E-Bleach e Trans OPL
+ Ambar APS + Condac 37 + Diamond Excel.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Longer working times, even when using artificial light.
• Compatible with all blue-light polymerization equipment.
• Resin color predictability even before photopolymerization. (No color changes after polymerization)
• Spherical zirconia silicate
• High mechanical resistance.
• Polishing and shine easily obtained and maintained.
• Excellent consistency.
• BPA free Vittra APS
• BPA free syringe
• Dosing tip to avoid waste.
• Reduces risks of cross contamination
• Smart lock lid with safe, ergonomic and easy closing.
• Different label- and color-coded syringes for dentine and enamel.
• All aesthetic resources in one simplified system.
• Available in 2g and 4g syringes.
• The dosing tip allows for access to the composite without inserting the spatula into the recipient, reducing the risk of cross contamination.
Indications for Use
The composite is recommended for use in permanent and deciduous teeth:
- Direct restorations in anterior and posterior teeth (all classes);
- Direct veneer in composite resin;
- Cementation of tooth fragments;
- Core build up;
- Teeth anchorage of teeth (splinting);
- Reduction or closing of diastemata;
- Correction of teeth format (e.g.: conoid teeth);
- Porcelain/composite repairs;
- Indirect restorations such as inlays, onlays and veneers.
Step by Step
For selecting the composite shade that is compatible to natural teeth, perform a prophylaxis. Teeth should be clean and hydrated, without isolation, since dehydration can alter color.
Isolate the operatory field. Isolation should guarantee an operatory field free from humidity, clean and visible during the whole treatment. If necessary, perform absolute isolation.
Prepare the area for the direct adhesive restorations.
Etch the tissues (enamel and dentine) for 15 seconds with Condac 37 (FGM). Afterwards, wash with abundant water removing all the acid from the surface and dry the enamel gently, leaving the dentine humid.
Apply adhesive as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
For composite insertion and light curing, it is recommended the incremental technique, allowing for a better material performance. Increments up to 1.5mm must be inserted in the cavity, shaped and light cured for the specific time recommended to each shade.
Fill the cavity in increments until restoration is concluded.
An oxygen-blocking gel can be used on the top layer before light curing, aiming at the isolation of the surface in contact with air, allowing for a total light-curing process as well as shine.
For finishing, Diamond Pro (FGM) sand paper disks or fine granulation drills can be used. For polishing, felt disks Diamond Flex (FGM) and polishing paste Diamond Excel (FGM) are recommended.
Check occlusion before concluding the procedure. Restoration in supra-occlusion condition may promote pain and submit the restorative material to flaws.
Information for the Professional
• This product is manufactured to be used only in accordance with the Instructions for Use.
• In case of allergic reactions to the product, suspend its use.
• Avoid contact of the non-cured product with the skin, mucosa and eyes. When not cured, the product may cause a slight irritating effect and light sensitivity due to its methacrylates. The use of gloves and other individual protection equipment while manipulating the product is highly recommended.
• Sensitive to light. Maintain the product package always closed when not in use. After extruding the product from the syringe, the content should be used right awa
• The product should remain in its original package and it should be kept closed tightly.
• Protect from direct sunlight.
• Store at temperatures between 5°C and 30°C/41°F to 86°F
• Do not freeze
Every odontological product should be used only by authorized professionals.
Do not use the product if it has expired.
For discarding the product, follow your country’s legislation.
Keep out of the reach of childre