Prosil is a 3-methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane hydrolyzate ethanolic solution for use as a chemical bonding agent for adhesion processes and pieces made of ceramic, ceromer and laboratory resin and fiberglass posts.
Characteristics and Advantages
• High bonding capacity between resin-based cements and fiberglass posts and indirect restorations.
• Promotes an increase of up to 30% in adhesive capacity.
• Promotes bonding between these interfaces due to the high reactivity of silane with methacrylic monomers and surfaces containing inorganic elements.
• Silanization agent for ceramic pieces, laboratory resin and fiberglass posts. o.
Step by Step
Pieces in ceramic and/or ceromer must be pre-etched with hydrofluoric acid (Condac Porcelana – FGM) during the time indicated by the ceramic manufacturer, rinsed with water. Dry the pieces completely with air jets.
Dispense a drop of silane (Prosil – FGM) in a clear capsule free from oil or directly on a disposable micro applicator (Cavibrush – FGM).
Apply a thin layer of silane (Prosil – FGM) on the inner surface of the prosthesis with a disposable micro applicator (Cavibrush – FGM) and wait 1 minute. Dry the surface with light jets of air.
After silanization, the inner surface of the piece will become bright, and ready for final cementation.
Silane acts as a bridge between resin cement and indirect restorations (fiberglass posts, ceramic, ceromer, and laboratory resins), forming a chemical bond and increasing adhesion up to 30%. For fiberglass posts, the post must be cleaned with 70 alcohol or 2% Chlorhexidine, applying the silane for 1 minute and drying with an air jet. For ceramics, etch the surface with hydrofluoric acid (Condac Porcelana – FGM) and then apply the silane (Prosil – FGM) for 1 minute and dry with compressed air. For ceromer and laboratory resins, etch the inner surface with an aluminum oxide jet and apply the silane for 1 minute, drying with air jets.
3-methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane – content: < 5%
Ethanol......................................... - content > 85%
Water…………………………………… – content > 10%
Information for the Professional
• Use Prosil only as informed in these instructions.
• The product is indicated for professional use only.
• Avoid applying Prosil on the external surface of the porcelain. The contact with the outer surface causes adhesion of the resin cement, making it difficult to clean or enabling the removal of glazed areas of the restoration for the elimination of excess resin cement. Isolation of the external porcelain surface with wax is a highly recommended procedure before application of Prosil.
• The product is flammable because it contains ethanol.
• Close the packaging immediately after use to avoid evaporation of the product.
• Avoid contact with skin and eyes. If this occurs, wash with water.
• The packaging of the product should be closed immediately after use.
• Store the product in a clean and dry location in its original packaging.
• Do not expose the product to high temperatures or direct sunlight.
• Store the product at temperatures between 5-20ºC/ 41-68ºF.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period of the product is 2 years from the production date.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.
• Follow the legislation of your country for disposal of the product.
• Do not reuse empty packaging.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Protect the product from external contamination.