Pro-Retract is a gingival retraction cord made of cotton fibers with high absorption power.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Exclusive version 0000
• Best cost-benefit ratio
• Easy insertion in the gingival sulcus.
• The fibers undergo a softening process, providing less friction against the internal epithelium of the gums, promoting less bleeding.
• 07 different thickness to facilitate the procedure.
• Not impregnated with chemicals, making for a safe procedure.
• Most hydrophilic retractor cord on the market, which provides for a dry operating field and adequate expansion for excellent gingival retraction
• 100% Egyptian cotton fibers.
• Colors that aid in visibility of the operating field
• Crown fractures: allows adequate visibility of the tooth.
• Control of oral fluids: has the purpose of eliminating or reducing the moisture for performance of dental treatments in aseptic conditions and restoring the teeth according to the indications of the material. The use of Pro Retract aims to control the moisture during the clinical procedures. This moisture may originate from the fluids of the gingival sulcus, saliva, and gingival bleeding.
• Retraction and access: the details of the restorative procedures are difficult to control without proper gingival retraction and retraction of the structures present in the oral cavity that allow for access to the treatment.
• Impressions for prosthetic preparations: retraction cords are used to facilitate exposure of the cervical edges of the preparation.
• Non-Carious Cervical Lesions: the cord should be inserted before the cavity preparation. The cord should remain for around 3 to 5 minutes to obtain satisfactory retraction.
Step by Step
Select and cut the cords to the desired length to go around the preparation. Determine the desired thickness according to the width and depth of the sulcus.
The placement of the cord should be done with the gums dehydrated in advance with a light jet of air to improve efficiency and easy of insertion.
Go around the preparation with the cord using a suitable instrument to insert in into the gingival sulcus. Start from the palatinal or proximal side, with the spatula inclined at around 45° and constantly pressing the cord against the tooth during insertion.
Leave the cord in place for 3 to 5 minutes, visually controlling the aspect of retraction of the gums. The technique to be used will determine whether you should remove the cord or not before impression.
It is not advisable to use a serrated spatula. It can injure the epithelium.
Hemostatic solutions can be used in conjunction with the cord, as needed.
Proper gingival retraction allows for adequate visibility of the crown preparation, as well as perfect impression. Retraction cords can also be used, when needed, to retract the gum tissue for creating restorations. Retraction cords control the outflow of sulcular fluids and/or bleeding. The adequate gingival retraction that can be obtained with the use of these cords facilitates access and visibility of all the tissues being operated on, and helps to prevent damage to the gum tissue during creation of the cavity preparations.
Information for the Professional
• Keep out of reach of children.
• For dental use only.
• Handle the product according to its Instructions for Use.
• Control the application time and avoid leaving the cord in the sulcus beyond the indicated time.
• Use of serrated spatulas for insertion of the cord is not recommended. It can injure the epithelium.
• It is not recommended for people with reported sensitivity to cotton.
• Always store the product in its original packaging, unopened, at room temperature (between 15 and 30°C).
• Protect from direct sunlight.
• The validity period of Pro-Retract is 3 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.