Orthocem is light curing, which allows the professional to have total control of the bonding of the bracket and immediate installation of the orthodontic arch. A major advantage in the clinical environment is the single component presentation of the product. The primer is already incorporated with the adhesive in the same syringe, reducing a clinical step and thus facilitating and speeding up the procedure. Therefore, only acid etching, washing and drying of the enamel is required, followed by application of the product to the bracket for cementation. Orthocem presents balanced adhesive strength, designed to be sufficient to support the mechanical needs of orthodontic treatment, but not overly adhesive and making removal of it difficult at the end of the treatment. Additionally, its viscosity allows for easy positioning of the brackets and its ability to resist color variations over time brings a significant aesthetic benefit.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Greater practicality: primer and bond in the same syringe representing a reduction in clinical steps.
• Broad application spectrum: cements various types of brackets (polycarbonate, metal or ceramic).
• Adequate adhesive strength: balanced adhesiveness to avoid adhesive failure throughout treatment as well as facilitating removal of the bracket at the end of treatment.
• Adequate consistency: easier positioning of the bracket on the enamel.
• Light curing: enables the installation of the arches after light curing of the cement/adhesive.
•High aesthetic quality: resistant to color variations over time.
• Contains fluoride.
• Cementation of polycarbonate, metal and ceramic brackets to dental enamel for orthodontic treatment.
Step by Step
Initial appearance of the patient.
After prophylaxis, apply acid conditioner (Condac 37 – FGM) to the teeth for 15 seconds.
Wash and dry the teeth.
Apply Orthocem to the bracket.
Position the bracket on the tooth.
The excesses can be easily removed with an exploratory probe.
Light cure the edges of the bracket for 20 seconds.
The arch may be installed after light curing the brackets.
Case study contributed by Dr. Rodrigo Stanislawczuk
Polycarbonate, metal and ceramic brackets can be successfully cemented.
Orthocem is light cured and this occurs 20 seconds after photo-activation on the edges of the cemented bracket.
As the primer is together with the adhesive in the same syringe, there is a reduction in one clinical step, which is the prior application of the primer on the enamel. This fact brings benefits from the reduction in clinical time and reduction in the chances of contamination in the operative area by saliva.
Information for the Professional
• Use Orthocem only as informed in these instructions.
• The product is indicated for professional use only.
• Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear gloves when handling the product.
• Wear protective glasses during light curing of the product.
• In the event of contact with the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water. Consult a doctor if persistent irritation occurs.
• In the event of contact with the skin, rinse immediately with soap and water. If necessary, consult a doctor.
• Avoid contact of phosphoric acid product with mucosa, skin and eyes. It may cause burns. Wear gloves when handling the acid conditioner.
• The packaging of the product should be closed immediately after use.
• Store the product in a clean and dry location in its original packaging.
• Do not expose the product to high temperatures or direct sunlight.
• Store the product at temperatures between 5-30ºC/ 41-86ºF.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period of the product is 2 years from the production date.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.
• Follow the legislation of your country for disposal of the product.
• Do not reuse empty packaging.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Protect the product from external contamination.