Opus Bulk Fill is a light-curing composite recommended for restorations carried out in large increments. The low shrinkage stress associated to its high curing depth allow for the professional to make increments of up to 5mm in the cavities, including the occlusal surface (no need for capping layer). The composite shows approximately 79% in mass charge, with high mechanical resistance.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Low shrinkage stress.
– Single-filling composite (including occlusal surface).
– High curing depth (up to 5mm).
– Excellent consistency and manipulation.
– High mechanical properties.
– Long-lasting shine and polishing.
– Time saver for large restorations.
– Available in 3 colors (A1, A2, A3).
- Direct restorations in posterior or anterior teeth (permanent or deciduous) in increments of up to 5 mm, inclusive for occlusal surfaces.
– Basis for direct restorations.
– Repair of small enamel defects.
– Repair of temporary materials in acrylic and resin.
Opus Bulk Fill is recommended for use according to the adhesive technique associated to one-step adhesives (e.g.: Ambar Universal, FGM), two-step adhesives (e.g.: Ambar, FGM) or three-step adhesives.
Yes, if the cavity is up to 5mm deep you can fill and the increment may be a single one. Opus Bulk Fill has excellent mechanical properties and adequate consistency to build the occlusal surface.
The recommended time is 40 seconds.
How do I achieve perfect aesthetics since resins of the bulk fill type are more translucent than conventional ones?
Opus Bulk Fill has adequate opacity, without compromising aesthetics when used in posterior teeth. In case of anterior teeth, it can be associated to the use of the Opallis resin as a capping layer.
Information for the Professional
• Use the product only as informed in these instructions.
• The resin is recommended for professional use only.
• To eliminate the risk of irritation, the zones too close to the pulp should receive adequate protection (e.g. application of calcium hydroxide).
• To avoid allergic reactions to methacrylate monomer, it is recommended to use gloves. If the resin gets in touch with the skin, wash thoroughly with water.
• Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of contact, wash them thoroughly in running water and contact a doctor immediately.
• The contact with cationic colutory products that evidence bacterial plaque or chlorhexidine may result in discoloration.
• Do not use eugenol-based products with the composite.
• When using a light-curing equipment, wear safety goggles.
• Keep out of the reach of patients and children.
• Clean instruments with alcohol after use.
• Replace the cover on the syringe after each use.
• Change the tip after each use. Do not reutilize the applicator tip.
• Avoid use in patients with a history of allergy to methacrylate-based resins. In case of allergies, suspend treatment and ask patient to refer to a doctor.
• The product should not be ingested or aspirated. If ingested or aspirated, seek medical assistance immediately.
• The resin is contraindicated when it is not possible to establish a dry operation area or follow the technique described above completely.