Opallis LAB is a light-curing microhybrid composite resin for use in the prosthetics laboratory, intended for preparation of prosthetic pieces such as single-unit total crowns (applied to metal infrastructure or not) and bridges (applied over metal infrastructure), inlays, onlays, and veneers.
• 1 syringe with 4g of light-curing composite in shades EA1, EA2, EA3, EA3,5, EB1, EB2, EC2, DA1, DA2, DA3, DA3,5, DB1, DB2, DC2, T-neutral.
• 1 syringe with 2g of light-curing composite in shades opaque A, B and C.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Easy in sculpting and positioning of the pastes.
• Low dispersion layer index.
• High mechanical strength and wear resistance.
• Ease in finishing.
• Excellent polishing.
• Low light sensitivity allowing for greater working time.
• Shade stability.
• The shades follow the Opallis and VITAPAN® Classical shade guides with accuracy.
• Natural aesthetics.
Indicated for preparation of indirect restorations. It is a product for use by the prosthetic technician in the laboratory for making of permanent prosthetic pieces with aesthetic purpose. The indications for the product are:
• Single-unit total crowns (applied to a metal infrastructure or not)
• Bridges (applied to a metal infrastructure)
Step by Step
• The product is intended for indirect use.
• The tooth shade can be identified with VITAPAN® Classical or Opallis shade guides.
• When Opallis LAB is applied to a crown’s metallic infrastructure, it is indicated the use of Ambar Universal adhesive (ANVISA 80172310069 record) for the adhesion of the resin to the metallic surface. Ambar Universal may be used on metallic reinforcement for dentures, on metal framework of removable partial denture, implant supported dentures and any other metallic surface to be covered by resin. In order to mask the metal and improve aesthetics, use Opallis LAB Opaque.
• The working time depends on the room temperature and lighting conditions.
• The light-curing times specified for light-curing ovens are: maximum thickness of 1.5 mm per layer with initial light curing of 1 minute and total light-curing time of 2-3 minutes. For Opaque 3-5 minutes over the thin layer applied.
• Curing times must be followed to ensure the depth of cure, degree of conversion, color stability and mechanical properties of the composite, in order to ensure its quality. In case of insufficient exposure, these properties may not meet the ideal values. There is no possibility of overexposure.
Isolate the plaster model.
After proper machining of the metallic structure, with the necessary mechanical retentions, sandblast it with aluminium oxide or glass spheres and then, wash and dry it well.
For a better adhesion of the Opaque resin to the metal, it is recommended to apply a thin layer of Ambar Universal (FGM) adhesive. After drying for 5 minutes in open air, expose the structure with Ambar Universal for extra 10 minutes to another source of dry heat between 176°F and 212°F.
Apply a thin layer of Opaque resin on the metallic structure for 3-5 minutes in light-curing oven. Repeat this procedure until the desired coverage is obtained.
Remove Opallis LAB from inside the syringe with a spatula and immediately close it. The incidence of ambient and artificial light causes premature curing of the resin. The approximate working time is 30 minutes per increment.
Add the increments with Opallis LAB progressively (respecting the 1.5 mm thickness per layer) and put them in the light-curing oven for 1 minute per increment.
The final light-curing time is of 2-3 minutes.
For finishing and polishing, Diamond Pro sandpaper disks and Diamond Flex felt disks can be used with the aid of polishing pastes (Diamond ACI and ACII and Diamond Excel – FGM).
Alternatively, it is possible to use light-curing machines with LED or halogen lamp with power intensity of 400 mW / cm2, however the incidence of the light beam should be directed to each layer separately. Therefore, light-curing time specified for increments with maximum thickness of 1.5 mm should be 1 minute each layer and for Opaque 2-3 minutes each layer.
I am a dentist and I would like to prepare an indirect restoration in my office, but I do not have a light-curing oven. How should I proceed?
Alternatively, you can use LED light-curing devices or devices with a halogen lamp with minimum power density of 400 mW/cm2,, but the light beam would have to be directed to each side separately. In this manner, the light-curing time for an increment of up to 1.5 mm would be 1 minute per side and for Opaque, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Yes, provided that it is within the time specified, according to the instructions for use.
Information for the Professional
• This product is manufactured to be used only according to its Instructions for Use.
• In cases of allergic reactions to the product, suspend its use.
• Avoid contact of uncured Opallis LAB with the skin, mucosa, and eyes. When not yet cured, the product can cause a slightly irritating effect and cause slight sensitivity due to the methacrylates.
• Wear of gloves and other personal protective equipment is recommended when handling the product.
• The product contains methacrylate monomers that can provoke irritation or allergic reactions in patients sensitive to these substances.
• Always keep the product in its original packaging, properly closed.
• After being squeezed from the packed, it must be used quickly.
• Protect it from direct sun light.
• Store the product at temperatures of 5 to 30° C / 41 to 86° F.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period of Opallis LAB is 3 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.