Maxxion R is a chemically activated, glass ionomer cement for dental restoration presented as powder that must be mixed with Maxxion R polyacrylic acid at the time of use. The product is available in colors A2 and A3.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Indicated for ART (Atraumatic Restorative Treatment).
• Quick sticky (prevents contamination by saliva).
• Good adhesion to enamel and dentin (the creation of retentions is not required).
• Higher fluoride release capacity aiming at preventing caries.
• Higher fluoride recharge capacity.
• Ideal for use in pediatric dentistry
• Available in colors A2 and A3 (Universal)
• Restorations in deciduous teeth.
• Class III and V restorations.
• Repair of erosions in non-carious cervical regions.
• Treatment of Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART).
• Provisional cementing of crowns.
• Provisional restorations.
Step by Step
Prepare the cavity by removing the decayed tissue only. There is no need for retentions given that the cement adheres to the dental structure very well.
Conditioning with polyacrylic acid (the actual Maxxion R fluid) for 10 seconds is recommended prior to insertion of the restorative material. After conditioning rinse abundantly and dry the cavity carefully to prevent dehydration. The use of an intermediate calcium hydroxide base is only recommended in very deep cavities.
Shake the bottle of powder before use.
Place a shallow measure of powder and 1 drop of liquid on the mixing block. Mix the powder into the liquid with small portions initially, increasing gradually until total mixture and homogenization. The mixing time should not exceed 1 minute. Use a plastic spatula for mixing.
Apply the product to the cavity while the mixture is still shiny. After 4 to 6 minutes, the product will cure and the excess will be removed with suitable instruments.
During insertion and sticking reaction, avoid contact between Maxxion R and humidity. Protection of the restoration with a surface protection agent is recommended.
The best finishing and polishing results can be obtained 24 hours after insertion of the material.
Clean the used instruments with water immediately after application of the product.
It is recommended to mix the cement in a temperature range between 18 °C and 30 °C. Temperatures above or below this will increase or decrease the working time excessively.
• The powder and liquid must be used at proportions according to the Instructions for Use. During the powder dosing process, it is very important to remove the excess from the dosing scoop. Scrape the free surface of the scoop on the lid of the plastic bottle or against the edge of a straight spatula.
• The conventional liquid is viscous and to dispense it properly the bottle should be positioned vertically and at a distance from the plate to allow the drop to come out freely.
• The bottles must be closed well to prevent the gain and loss of water, since the cements are essentially water based.
• The liquid should not be stored in the refrigerator not to lose its original properties.
• The addition of little powder results in a fluid mixture, increases solubility and reduces resistance to abrasion.
• The addition of a lot of powder causes lower working and sticking time, reduces adhesion and translucency.
• The powder and liquid must be used at proportions according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
• The bottle of liquid should be positioned vertically and at a distance from the plate to allow the drop to come out freely.
• The agglutination time should be in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Information for the Professional
• Do not apply the product directly to the dental pulp.
• In cases of very deep cavities, provide protection with a calcium hydroxide paste.
• Avoid contact with eyes.
• Avoid prolonged contact with the polycarboxylic acid solution.
• The product may cause irritation.
• The packaging of the product should be closed immediately after use.
• Store the product in a clean and dry location in its original packaging.
• Do not expose the product to high temperatures or direct sunlight.
• Store the product at temperatures between 15° and 30°/59 and 86F.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The expiration date of the product is 2 years after the date of production.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.
• Follow the legislation of your country for disposal of the product.
• Do not reuse empty packaging.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Protect the product from external contamination.
• Application of the product directly on the dental pulp may cause irritation and irreversible damage.