Diamond R is an aluminum oxide-based polishing paste with extra-fine grit of 6 to 8 microns. It was developed for polishing resins. The product is made with non-toxic, water-soluble ingredients, specially selected to aid in lubrication during polishing (minimizing heat generation during the procedure) and to facilitate its removal at the end of the treatment.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Pleasant mint flavor.
• Medium viscosity.
• Not susceptible to the action of heat.
• Does not run off, facilitating handling.
• Made with non-toxic, water-soluble ingredients.
• Easy removal.
• Its formula contains Carbowax, which acts like an excipient and lubricant, preventing excessive heat generation, and abrasives with extra-fine grit.
• Its use is indicated for polishing and shining of resins in general.
Step by Step
Prepare the area to be polished, leaving it smooth and in the final shape desired. If necessary, use sandpaper disks (Diamond Pro disks in grits G, M, and/or F) or medium and fine grit paste (Diamond ACI and ACII) for finishing prior to polishing. This step is of fundamental importance, because the achievement of a shinny result depends strongly on the initial condition of the surface.
Deposit a small quantity of paste on the felt disk (Diamond or Diamond Flex disks) or directly on the restoration material and proceed with polishing.
Repeat procedure 2, if needed, until you achieve the desired effect.
Polishing the restorations has the objective of providing a more polished final surface, reducing the level of porosity, providing for health periodontal tissue and the longevity of the restoration. The dental polishing technique contributes to the quality of the restoration.
Information for the Professional
• Use low rotation and intermittent movements with low pressure when applying the felt to the tooth. This way you prevent excessive heating of the surface.
• Always use new felts to perform polishing. Using the same felt disk with abrasives from other pastes may compromise the success of the polish.
• Always keep the product in its original packaging, properly closed.
• Store the product at temperatures of 5 to 30° C.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period of Diamond Excel is 2 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.
• For disposal of the product, follow the legislation of your country.
• Keep out of reach of children.