Diamond Pro is a flexible sandpaper disk available in 4 grits (coarse, medium, fine and extra-fine) in 8 and/or 12-mm-diameter sizes. They are equipped with a quick fit system that facilitates their coupling with the mandrel.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Quick fit that facilitates coupling the disck to the mandrel.
• No metal parts on the disk surface, reducing risk of damage to restorations.
• Enable complete finishing: 4 grits available, which allow everything from wearing to pre-polishing.
• Available in 8 and/or 12-mm-diameter sizes.
• Diamond Pro is indicated for shaping, finishing, and polishing of restorative materials for clinical use and in the laboratory with the purpose of conferring smoothness and gloss to these materials.
Step by Step
Select the disk according to the procedure to be performed.
Attach the disk over the mandrel, fitting it using the cavity in the silicone holder.
Fit the set (mandrel and sandpaper disk) on the contra-angle handpiece and perform the procedure using low rotation, low pressure, and short, intermittent movements of the sandpaper disks on the surface to be worked.
Restorations can only be considered completed after finishing and polishing. The use of sandpaper disks improve the anatomical shape, evens the edges of the restoration, improves the fit, and minimizes the accumulation of bacterial plaque in the region.
The use of sandpaper disks allows for well-fit edges, adequate surface smoothness, less accumulation of bacterial plaque, reduction of roughness of the restorations, etc.
Information for the Professional
• Single-use product (disks). Discard after use.
• Use at low rotation and without putting pressure on the disk during polishing.
• Make sure the disk is well attached to the mandrel before triggering rotation.
• Excessively high rotations can result in the disk being thrown from the mandrel and overheating of the region being polished.
• Always keep the product in its original packaging, properly closed.
• The validity period of Diamond Pro is 3 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.