Diamond ACI and ACII are a set of aluminum oxide-based pastes – ACI, with approximately 80 microns, and ACII, with approximately 30 microns – indicated for initial finishing and preliminary polishing of resins and other restorative materials. Their formulas combine the lubricant properties of Carbowax and high-hardness abrasives, which have a medium grit for the ACI paste and a fine grit for ACII. The ACI paste is indicated for initial finishing of the surface and ACII paste is indicated for preliminary polishing before final polishing with extra-fine grit pastes (Diamond Excel and Diamond R).
Characteristics and Advantages
• Their formulas combine the properties of Carbowax and high-hardness abrasives.
• Non-toxic, water-soluble ingredients were specially selected to aid in lubrication during polishing (minimizing heat generation during the procedure) and to facilitate its removal at the end of the treatment.
• They are not susceptible to the action of heat (they do not melt because of the heat).
• Does not run off, facilitating handling.
• Easy removal.
• The set of ACI and ACII pastes is indicated for finishing and pre-polishing of resins in general, enamel, metals, and amalgam.
Step by Step
Prepare the surface to be polished using the medium-grit paste (ACI) on a felt disk, leaving it smooth and in the final shape desired. This step must be strictly observed, because the achievement of a shinny result depends strongly on the initial condition of the surface.
By using the ACII paste, proceed with initial polishing of the surface, depositing a small quantity of paste on the felt disk or directly on the tooth.
Repeat procedure 1 and/or 2 until you achieve the desired effect. Then, proceed with final polishing using Diamond Excel or Diamond R polishing paste.
A restoration can only be considered completed after finishing and polishing. This procedure is extremely important for the longevity of the restoration, increased surface smoothness, and reduction of plaque buildup in the area, reducing the risk of secondary caries and maintaining gingival health.
Diamond ACI and ACII pastes are used to reduce the roughness of restorations, provide a considerably smooth surface, and refine a sculpted piece.
The finishing and polishing technique involves the following steps: finishing, initial polishing, and final polishing. For finishing of a restoration, Diamond ACI paste is used; for initial polishing, Diamond ACII paste is used; and for final polishing, Diamond Excel or Diamond R pastes can be used.
Information for the Professional
• Use low rotation and intermittent movements with low pressure in applying the felt to the tooth. This way you prevent excessive heating of the surface.
• Always use new felts to perform polishing. Using the same felt disk with abrasives from other pastes may compromise the success of the polish.
• Always keep the product in its original packaging, properly closed.
• Store the product at temperatures of 5 to 30° C.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period of Diamond AC I & II is 3 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.