Desensibilize is a neutral viscous solution that combines two mechanisms for desensitization: occlusion of dentinal tubules by the strontium chloride and neural action by the potassium nitrate.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Covers and obliterates the dentinal tubules, forming a barrier that inhibits the passage of the pain stimulus to the pulp (strontium chloride).
• Neural actions of potassium nitrate.
• High penetration power.
• Treatment of teeth with hypersensitivity to temperature variations and food (dentin hyperesthesia). This sensitivity is common in cases with receding gums, after periodontal surgery, and in cases of non-carious cervical lesions..
Step by Step
Initial photo. Note the area of gum recession.
Do the prophylaxis with pumice stone and water to remove the bacterial plaque.
With the aid of a disposable micro applicator (Cavibrush – FGM), apply Desensibilize on the neck of the tooth as shown in the figure for 10 to 20 minutes.
At the end of the application period, lightly rub the product on the tooth with the aid of a Robson brush or rubber cup at low rotation.
1 – Remove the excess product with a water jet or cotton.
2 – Repeat the application in different sessions, according to the response in each case, until the sensitivity is under control.
Desensibilize features dual action: neural action by the potassium nitrate and occlusive action by the strontium chloride. Strontium chloride, in the form of a concentrated solution, when applied to the surface of the exposed dentin, produces a strontium apatite deposit inside the dentinal tubules, reducing hydraulic conductivity of the dentin and, consequently, the hypersensitivity. Potassium nitrate has a neural action and has been considered a very effective agent in the treatment of hyperesthetic dentin. Its action is based on the fact that the increase in the concentration of extracellular potassium depolarizes the nerve fiber membranes, blocking the passage of the stimulus, reducing hypersensitivity.
Information for the Professional
• Use Desensibilize only as specified in the Instructions for Use.
• The product is indicated for professional use only.
• Avoid intentional and excessive ingestion of the product.
• Do not use the product on gums with poor health.
• Do not use on patients with anemia and/or sensitivity to components of the product.
• Discontinue use if the patient presents any undesirable reaction to the components of the product. Product should not be applied more than once daily.
• Always keep the product in its original packaging, properly closed.
• Store the product at temperatures of 5 to 30° C.
• Do not freeze the product.
• Protect from direct sun light.
• The validity period of Desensibilize is 2 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after Its expiration date.
• Ingestion of large quantities of the product may cause nausea and accentuate cases of anemia (effects of the potassium nitrate).