Desensibilize Nano P is a desensitizing and remineralizing agent based on the technology of nanostructured calcium phosphate, organized in crystalline form of hydroxyapatite – a mineral that is part of the dental structure. In addition to presenting chemical and structural characteristics similar to those of natural hydroxyapatite, the small diameter of its particles and its morphology increase its surface area, its capacity for hydration and wettability, and its solubility, allowing it to release calcium and phosphate ions to the body (oral medium) at suitable concentrations and speeds.
The effectiveness of the paste is based on its capability to provide ions of calcium, phosphate, and fluoride to the demineralized surface of the tooth, which can be reorganized in the form of hydroxyapatite, fluorapatite, or calcium fluoride, with acid resistance similar to that of the natural tooth. In addition to this character of remineralization, the desensitizing effect is based in the capacity that the hydroxyapatite layer has to occlude the dentinal tubules, as well as the effect of depolarizing nerve fibers due to the potassium nitrate. Desensibilize Nano P is a versatile, innovative product that aims to help the dentist to solve frequent situations of the daily clinical practice.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Desensitizing components: contains fluoride and potassium nitrate in its composition.
• Versatile: indicated for cases of both dental hypersensitivity and remineralization.
• Easy application: excellent viscosity.
• Practicality: does not require association with a special dentifrice during treatment.
• Exclusive formula: with nanoparticles of hydroxyapatite, which act to obliterate the dentinal tubules and remineralize the dental structure. Since nanostructured composites tend to have enhanced chemical, physical and/or behavior, the presence of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles confers special, innovative properties to the product.
• There are two mechanisms of action:
1) Chemical effect:
The presence of 9000 ppm of fluoride inhibits the cariogenic activity of the bacteria, prevents demineralization, and enables desensitization.
– The presence of 5% potassium nitrate enables desensitization through depolarization of the nerve fibers.
2) Physical effect:
– Since it is nanometric, the hydroxyapatite penetrates more easily inside the dentinal tubules and microfissures in enamel, promoting a quality seal of the tubules and microfissures, and restoring the microstructure and chemical composition of the tooth:
• Lasting desensitization and effective remineralization: the hydroxyapatite crystals are highly stable and more resistant to acid challenges when compared to amorphous calcium phosphates.
• Easy, quick, and safe application: simplified application procedure offers greater comfort during the procedure.
• Treatment of dentinal and radicular hypersensitivity.
• Treatment of dentinal hypersensitivity associated with prophylaxis, scraping, and corono-radicular smoothing.
• Prevention of carious lesion in high-right patient, active-caries young adults, orthodontic patients, seniors, disabled patients, pregnant women, and patients with xerostomy.
• Assists in the prevention of erosion in patients who consume a lot of acidic food and beverages, and who recurrently take medications.
• Assists in the prevention of erosions in patients affected by vomiting, regurgitation of gastric fluids, and recurrent gastric reflux.
• Remineralization of white stain lesions in general.
• Tratamento de hipersensibilidade dentinária e radicular.
• Tratamento de hipersensibilidade dentinária associada à profilaxia, raspagem e alisamento corono-radicular.
• Prevenção da lesão de cárie em pacientes de alto direito, ativo-cárie adultos jovens, pacientes ortodônticos, idosos, pacientes com deficiência, mulheres grávidas e pacientes com xerostomia.
• Auxilia na prevenção da erosão em pacientes que consomem uma grande quantidade de alimentos e bebidas ácidas, e que recorrentemente tomar medicamentos.
• Auxilia na prevenção de erosões em pacientes afetados por vómitos, regurgitação de fluidos gástricos e refluxo gástrico recorrente.
• Remineralização de lesões de manchas brancas em geral.
Step by Step
The area of gingival retraction must be clean for the application of Desensibilize Nano P.
The product can be applied with the aid of a disposable micro applicator (Cavibrush – FGM).
With a felt disk (Diamond Flex – FGM), rub the product on the tooth surface for 10 seconds.
Leave the product in contact with the tooth for 5 minutes.
Remove the excess with a cotton ball and have the patient to refrain from food and drink for 30 minutes.
The product is indicated for several conditions of dentinal and radicular hypersensitivity and also when the stimulus is associated with the prophylaxis, scraping, and corono-radicular smoothing. As a remineralizing agent, it is indicated to prevent carious lesions in patients more prone to caries. It helps in the prevention of erosions in specific situations and remineralization of white stain lesions.
The small diameter of the particles of calcium phosphate and their morphology increase their surface area, their capacity for hydration/wettability, and their solubility, allowing the composite to release calcium and phosphate ions to the body (in this case, to the oral medium) at suitable concentrations and speed. This small particle size also contributes to a greater penetration of the product into the tubules and the microfissures on the enamel, which, in combination with its high resistance to dissolution and the similarity of this hydroxyapatite with what is available in the natural tooth, they enhance its desensitizing and remineralizing action, providing longevity to the treatment. Together, these qualities maximize the response of Desensibilize Nano P and allow it to restore the microstructure, the chemical composition, and the functionality of the dental structure.
On average, how many sessions are needed to promote the remineralization of the teeth with the product?
Laboratory studies indicate that after two applications of Desensibilize Nano P, its maximum remineralizing effect can already be observed. Based on these studies, for greater safety of the clinical protocol for application of the product, we recommend 3 to 4 applications of Desensibilize Nano P when the purpose is remineralization of the tooth surface.
What is the benefit of the application of Desensibilize Nano P in the remineralization process when compared to the application of other convention fluoride-based products?
When a conventional fluoride-based product is applied to the tooth surface, calcium fluoride (CaF2) forms on the surface. This CaF2 is unstable, e.g., not very resistant to dissolution, and only afterward, during the pH challenges (cariogenic) to which the teeth are challenged, can it effectively contribute to the reorganization of the hydroxyapatite crystals of the tooth into fluorapatite, which can then act in a stable manner to protect the tooth against caries. When we apply Desensibilize Nano P is applied to the surface of the tooth, nano-hydroxyapatite is offered to the surface of the tooth and hydroxyapatite is the organized crystal form of calcium phosphate, which makes up the natural tooth and is stable against dissolution. Thus, Desensibilize Nano P is applied to the tooth, it is offered it a little of itself, facilitating the interaction between the tooth and the product, and increasing the probability of formation of fluorapatite (the hydroxyapatite of the tooth + the hydroxyapatite of the product react), with greater stability and lower solubility when compared to the hydroxyapatite alone, magnifying the remineralizing potential of the product. In addition, since the hydroxyapatite present in Desensibilize Nano P is highly resistant to dissolution, it will protect the hydroxyapatite of the tooth against dissolution and will allow for the formation of fluorapatite regardless of the dissolution of the dental hydroxyapatite.
The number of sessions is quite relative, but clinical studies conducted (see Technical Profile) indicate than, on average, 3 sessions are sufficient to obtain clinical improvement.
We recommend up to two weekly sessions with minimum intervals of 3 days. The estimated number of sessions may vary depending on the case. There are no contraindications against extending the number of sessions/applications
Is Desensibilize Nano P is effective in the prevention of dental hypersensitivity associated with dental whitening?
So far, there are no conclusive studies that indicate that the application of Desensibilize Nano P is effective in preventing hypersensitivity associated with dental whitening.
Since it is a product with nanoparticles, might there be a risks to the patient in the case of ingestion of Desensibilize Nano P?
Laboratory studies with cell cultures show that the hydroxyapatite nanoparticles present in Desensibilize Nano P are non-toxic to the cells, which offers safety in the event of ingestion of the product. Another factor which brings safety to the application of Desensibilize Nano P is the fact that it releases calcium and phosphate ions when solubilized, and these ions are regulated (they are a part) of the individual’s normal metabolism. The greater care associated with ingestion of Desensibilize Nano P should be the presence of fluoride, which if ingested in large doses, can be toxic. Desensibilize Nano P contains 9000ppmF, and its indication is therefore for professional use only.
Information for the Professional
• Use Nano P only as specified in the Instructions for Use.
• The product is indicated for professional use only.
• Do not apply the product to cavity preparation.
• Do not use this product as a filling/grafting material for surgical sites or bone defects.
• Do not apply the product to ulcers, lesions, or abrasions of the oral/gingival tissue. In case of contact, wash the area immediately with plenty of water.
• Avoid ingestion of the material, especially if the patient has renal dysfunction or other pathologies where there is an imbalance in the metabolism of calcium ions.
• Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, wash immediately with water and seek medical assistance.
• Desensibilize Nano P should be stored at temperatures between 15°C and 30°C.
• Protect the product from external contamination.
• After use, close the packaging properly.
• The validity period of Desensibilize Nano P is 2 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.
• For disposal of the product, follow the legislation of your country.
• Do not re-use the empty packaging.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Sem efeitos colaterais associados com a utilização deste produto são conhecidas neste momento..