Condac Porcelana is a low-viscosity gel containing hydrofluoric acid at 5% for etching of porcelain.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Good affinity with water, allowing for easy removal after the etching.
• The product has salmon color to facilitate its identification during application.
• Due to its excellent viscosity, it does not run off the area where it is applied.
• Surface etching of dental veneers (lithium dissilicate) with the objective of increasing adhesion in restoration processes. Etching is essential in order to optimize the interaction between the resin cement and the ceramic, favoring the retention and providing strength to the restoration.
Step by Step
Treatment of the internal surface of the prosthetic pieces must follow recommendations according to the porcelain manufacturer’s instructions.
Apply Condac Porcelana 5% or 10% to the internal surface of the piece to be cemented by the time indicated by the manufacturer of the ceramic.
Wash with plenty of water until the product is fully removed and then dry it out.
Proceed with silanization according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Apply an adhesive system according to the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
Do the cementation with a resin cement following the manufacturer’s instructions and apply the composite cement to the internal surface of the piece.
For internal conditioning of the ceramic pieces, is it necessary for them to have external protection?
Yes. After checking the fitting of the piece, its external surface must be protected with wax to prevent the hydrofluoric acid from attacking the glazed vestibular surface of the piece and preventing removal of the excess cementation agent after it is cured.
For etching of the prosthetic pieces, according to the classification of the material, what are the subsequent procedures?
After the etching time has ended, the acid must be removed by thoroughly washing with air/water jets and drying with air. This procedure is important, since the effectiveness of the silanization also depends on porcelain surface free of residues from the acid etching, which may form a layer that prevents the effective interaction of the silane with the etched surface of the porcelain. The dried piece should have a whitish, rough surface, thus characterizing the effectiveness of the acid etching for determination of the micro-mechanical and chemical adhesion.
Information for the Professional
• Toxic and caustic product. Causes irritation when in contact with soft tissues and fluoride poisoning.
• Wear gloves and safety glasses when handlig the product.
• Have the patient avoid ingesting the product and prevent contact with gingival tissue, skin, eyes, enamel and dentin.
•In case of accidental contact, wash the affected region with water saturated with sodium bicarbonate.
•In case of ingestion or persistent irritation, consult a physician, taking the information from this packaging with you.
• Product for exclusive use on porcelain prostheses. It is not indicated for etching of enamel and dentin.
• Always keep the product in its original packaging, properly closed.
• Store the product at temperatures of 5 to 25° C.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period of Condac Porcelana is 2 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.
• Contact with soft tissues and ingestion of the product causes irritation and fluoride poisoning.