Arcflex is a lip retractor developed to help professionals of several areas of dentistry (aesthetic dentistry, endodontics, orthodontics, prostheses, periodontics, pediatric dentistry, etc.). Its function is to retract cheeks, lips and tongue and expose the dental arches with comfort and safety for the patient.
Characteristics and Advantages
• Quick assembling: the product can be fully disassembled to facilitate disinfection and sterilization.
• Sterilizable: it can be sterilized by autoclaving (up to 134°C).
• Size options: available in medium (M) and large (L) sizes.
• Practicality: made of material with tensile strength that enables you to compress and deform the arc to decrease its size and facilitate its introduction into the mouth. This tensile strength forces the concave frames apart and promotes a comfortable and safe retraction of the lips.
• Cheek retractor: the design of the main arch (lip retractor) allows for excellent access to the vestibular face of the dental arches without affecting the dentist’s field of vision.
• Tongue controller: Arcflex has a curved device that allows the patient to better position and control their tongue.
• Jaw resting platforms: it has two platforms specially created and positioned to allow the patient to relax their jaw, occluding directly on them or on small silicone rubber pads positioned on the platforms.
• Placement wings: it has two support wings positioned in the center of the curvature of the concave parts that facilitate insertion, allowing the professional to hold and close the product with only one hand while helping oral insertion with the other. The closed product has reduced size when closed and its insertion is therefore easy and practical.
Arcflex is indicated for all situations where you want to have better exposure of the dental arches with the maximum retraction of the lips, cheeks, and with control of the patient’s tongue, including such procedures as:
- In-office whitening
- Application of desensitizers
- Restorations on anterior teeth
- Bonding of brackets
- Minor anterior gingival surgery
- Anterior prosthetic preparations
- Pictures taking
Step by Step
Identify the correct position for insertion of the wings.
Hold the retractor by the placement wings of the concave parts, pressing them so that the concave parts bend. The retractor’s size will be reduced. Make sure the tongue controller is facing downward.
Introduce the retractor, starting from one side of the mouth, keeping the concave parts pressed.
Fit the upper and lower lip of the side where introduction was started. The main arch will start retraction of the cheeks.
Introduce the main arch on the opposite side, and then fit to the lips.
Ask the patient to close their mouth by biting on the silicone pads, so that they go until the height of the first molar.
Retraction of cheeks, lips and tongue and bite rest.
Yes. The product can be sterilized by autoclaving at a temperature of up to 134°C.
Medium and large.
When you press the wings, the arch contracts, allowing for easy placement in the oral cavity. When released, it expands laterally and performs its function. Lip and cheek retraction does not cause discomfort because the elastic force of the material has been carefully calibrated.