Ambar is a light-curing adhesive system for enamel and dentin, responsible for the bond between tooth structure and restorative materials. Classified as a two-step conventional adhesive, Ambar combines primer and adhesive in a single bottle, with acid etching required prior to the application of the adhesive. Among Ambar’s main characteristics we can mention the high immediate and post-cycling bond strength (on dentin and enamel), high chemical stability and resistance of the adhesive film created after curing, adequate penetration capacity of the monomers into the collagen fibers of demineralized, moistened dentin etc. These and other factors contribute to achieving greater longevity and safety in adhesive works. Ambar is recommended for all classes of direct restorations, repairs in ceramic, composites and adhesive cementation (combined use with resin cements).
Characteristics and Advantages
- Contains MDP: MDP makes the chemical bond, which, in addition to the mechanical adhesion present in the product, gives Ambar higher adhesive potential.
- Resistance: high adhesive strength.
- Stability: contains treated silica nanoparticles, providing greater stability and resistance to the adhesive film.
- Longevity: presents chemical characteristics that guarantee the quality of curing (even in a high humidity environment) and consequent longevity of the adhesive film.
- Adhesion quality: system with balanced solvents and monomers which confers high affinity for the surface of the moistened and demineralized dentin, contributing to adequate penetration of the adhesive and good formation of the hybrid layer, thus resulting in high adhesive strength and adhesion quality.
- Practicality: combination of primer and bond in the same bottle, simplifying the steps.
- Lightcuring: conventional two-step light-curingadhesive system.
- • Todas as classes de restaurações diretas com compósitos (classes I, II, III, IV e V) e cimentos ionoméricos fotopolimerizáveis.
- • Cimentação adesiva (em conjunto com cimento resinoso) de peças protéticas (pinos intracanais/núcleos, coroas, onlays/inlays, facetas, etc.) em fibra de vidro, cerômero, cerâmica, resina e metal.
- • Reparos adesivos em cerâmica e compósitos.
Step by Step
The surface to be restored should be clean and etched with 37% phosphoric acid (Confac 37 – FGM) for 15 seconds (same time for enamel and dentin). It is important to obtain tooth insulation, whether through absolute or relative isolation (as appropriate).
Remove the acid with jets of water in abundance and dry the cavity so that the dentin does not get dehydrated, but without the accumulation of water on the surface.
With the aid of a disposable micro applicator (Cavibrush – FGM), the adhesive is applied onto the moistened surface, rubbing the first drop of the product vigorously for 10 seconds. Then, a new layer of adhesive is applied to the same surface for 10 seconds.
Then apply a jet of air for 10 seconds, contributing to the evaporation of the solvent and increased adhesion.
The adhesive is then light cured for 10 seconds and the restoration is conducted.
Note: In intraradicular application of the adhesive the light-curing time should be extended to 20 seconds.
Ambar is indicated for bonding direct restorations (composite or light-curing ionomer) to enamel and dentin, resin cement (combined use with resin cements) and adhesive repairs in ceramic and composite.
How does the incorporation of silica nanoparticles in the formulation of the adhesive help in the longevity of the bond?
The presence of nanoparticles in Ambar increases the hardness of the polymer formed after curing by up to 45%, contributing to greater strength and stability of the adhesive film.
By applying two layers of adhesive, there is an increase in the resistance of the bond due to greater penetration of the adhesive to the layer of collagen fibers and reduction in nano infiltration due to perfect sealing of the interface.
The surface should be moistened for application of the adhesive to dentin. What about for enamel restorations?
For enamel restorations, the surface may be moistened or dry, as a small amount of water will not interfere with the adhesive. Unlike the bonding mechanism that occurs in dentin (hybrid layer), the bond on the enamel occurs by overlapping adhesive in the micro retentions generated by etching. There should not be excess of water in these micro retentions so that the mechanism functions normally and, as such, the surface may be moistened or dry.
Information for the Professional
- Use Ambar only as informed in these instructions.
• The product is indicated for professional use only.
- Before applying the adhesive, make sure that the dentin surface is slightly glossy (moistened), but without excess of water.
- The air used in the entire procedure should be free from oil and water.
- The recommended light-curing time for this product depends on the power of the light emitted by the equipment. It is recommended for the power density of the curing light to be above 400 mW/cm², guaranteeing the quality of the polymer created and the quality of the bond. There is not possibility of over exposure. Light-curing units should have their intensity measured frequently using a radiometer. It is recommended that the patient and the dentist wear protective eyewear during the emission of blue light by the light-curing unit.
- Do not apply excess adhesive to avoid compromising the quality of the bond and prevent any aesthetic and functional problems. Excess air jet application should also be voided, preventing the incorporation of air bubbles into the adhesive.
- Do not keep Ambar within reach of patients and children.
- Ambar contains methacrylate monomers. Avoid using the product in patients with allergy to acrylates/methacrylate. To reduce the risk, minimize the exposure time of the dental tissues to these uncured materials.
- Wear protective gloves when handling the product. If the product comes into accidental contact with the eyes or other oral tissues, wash with plenty of water.
- Be sure to close the lid of the bottle after use.
- In deep cavities, carry out protection of the dentin/pulp complex with a liner material or cavity base.
- Do not use materials containing eugenol as a base in order to avoid insufficient curing on the surface.
- The application of a high amount of H2O2 should also be avoided, as this interferes with the curing of the adhesive.
• There may be sensitization reactions in patients sensitive to any of the components in the adhesive formula. In this case, the material should not be used.
• The packaging of the product should be closed immediately after use.
• For cleaning purposes, Ambar may be removed with alcohol.
• Store the product in a clean and dry location in its original packaging.
• Do not expose the product to high temperatures or direct sunlight.
• Store the product at temperatures between 15 and 30ºC.
• Do not freeze the product.
• The validity period of the product is 3 years from the production date.
• Do not use the product after its expiration date.
• Follow the legislation of your country for disposal of the product.
• Do not reuse empty packaging.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Protect the product from external contamination.