Desensibilize Nano P is a desensitizing and remineralizing agent based on the technology of nanostructured calcium phosphate, organized in a crystalline form of hydroxyapatite - mineral that constitute the tooth structure. Besides presenting structural and chemical characteristics similar to those of natural hydroxyapatite, the product has high bioactivity, because the small diameter of its particles and the morphology increases the surface area, along with the hydration and wettability capacity, and solubility, allowing the release of ions of calcium and phosphate into the body (through the mouth) at adequate concentrations and speeds. The effectiveness of the paste is based on the ability to provide ions of calcium, phosphate and fluoride to the demineralized surface of the tooth, which can be reorganized in the form of hydroxyapatite, fluorapatite or calcium fluoride with acid resistance similar to the natural tooth. Besides that remineralization characters, the desensitizing effect is based on the ability that the hydroxyapatite layer have to occlude the dentin tubules, and the effect of depolarization of nervous fibers by potassium nitrate. Desensibilize Nano P is a versatile and innovative product that aims to assist the dentist in the resolution of common situations of everyday clinical practice.
• 01 - 3 g syringe of product
• 05 syringe tips
• Instructions for professionals.
• Exclusive formulation with nanoparticles of hydroxyapatite, which act in the obliteration of dentinal tubules and in the remineralization of the tooth structure. As the nano-structured composites tend to present a potentiated chemical, physical and / or biological behavior, the presence of nanoparticles of hydroxyapatite confers special and innovative properties to the product;
• Two mechanisms of action:
1) Chemical Effect:
- The presence of 9000ppm of fluoride inhibits the cariogenic activity of bacteria, prevents demineralization and enhances the desensitization;
- The presence of 5% of potassium nitrate enhances desensitization by depolarization of nerve fibers.
2) Physical Effect:
• Because it is nanometric, hydroxyapatite penetrates more easily inside the dentinal tubules and microcracks in the enamel, promoting quality sealing of the tubules and microcracks, and restoring the microstructure and chemical composition of the tooth.
• Sustainable desensitization and effective remineralization: the hydroxyapatite crystals are highly stable and more resistant to acid challenges when compared to amorphous calcium phosphates;
• Easy, fast and safe procedure: simplified application provides more comfort during treatment.
• Nano-structured calcium phosphate with potentiated physical, chemical and biological properties;;
• Contains fluoride and potassium nitrate in the composition;
• Versatile: indicated for both cases of dental hypersensitivity and for remineralization;
• Easy to apply: excellent viscosity;
• There is no need to associate with special toothpaste during treatment.
• Treatment of dentinal and root hypersensitivity;
• Treatment of dentinal hypersensitivity associated with prophylaxis, scraping and coronoradicular smoothing;
• Prevention of carious lesions in high risk patients, cavity-active young adults, orthodontic patients, the elderly, patients with special needs, pregnant women, patients with xerostomy;
• Helps prevent erosion in patients who receive a high intake of acidic food and drinks, and make recurrent use of medicines;
• Assists in the prevention of erosions in patients suffering from vomiting, regurgitation of gastric juice and recurrent gastric reflux;
• Remineralization of white spot lesions in general.
Step by Step
- Step 1
The area of gingival recession should be clean for the application of Desentisize Nano P;
- Step 2
The product can be applied with the aid of a microapplicator (Cavibrush - FGM);
- Step 3
With a felt disk (wad) (Diamond Flex - FGM) rub the product on the dental surface for 10 seconds;
- Step 4
Leave the product in contact with the tooth for 5 minutes
- Step 5
Remove the excess with a cotton ball and ask the patient to abstain from food and drink for 30 minutes.
- What are the indications of the product?
The product is indicated to treat several conditions of dentinal and radicular hypersensitivity, as well as when the stimulus is associated with prophylaxis, scraping and coronoradicular smoothing. As a remineralizing agent, it is indicated for the prevention of carious lesion in patients more prone to decay (see instructions), to assist in the prevention of erosions in specific situations and remineralization of white spot lesions.
- What is the benefit of a nanostructured composite?
The small diameter of the particles of calcium phosphate and its morphology increases its surface area, along with the hydration / wettability and solubility capacity, allowing it to release calcium and phosphate ions to the body (in this case to the oral environment) at adequate concentrations and speed. The small size of the particles also contributes to increased product penetration into the tubules and micro cracks in enamel, which, combined with the product’s high resistance to dissolution and the similarity of the hydroxyapatite with the one available in natural tooth, potentiate its desensitizing and remineralizing action provid ing longevity to the treatment. Together, these qualities also provide the biological response of Desensitize Nano P, and enable it to restore the microstructure, chemical composition and functionality of the dental structure.
- What is the benefit of Nano Desensitize P remineralization process when compared to the application of other products based on conventional fluoride?
When a conventional product based on fluoride is applied on the dental surface, there is the formation of calcium fluoride (CaF2) on the surface. This CaF2 is unstable, or, not very resistant to dissolution. Only later, during the challenges of pH (cariogenic) to which the teeth are exposed, the calcium fluoride can effectively contribute to the reorganization of the hydroxyapatite crystals of the tooth in fluorapatite. Fluorapatite can act on the protection of the tooth against cavities in a stable way. When we apply Desensitize Nano P on the tooth surface, we are offering nano-hydroxyapatite to the tooth surface, and as we know, hydroxyapatite is the crystalline, organized, form of calcium phosphate that makes up the natural tooth stable to dissolution. Thus, on applying Desensitize Nano P, we already offering to the tooth a little more of itself, facilitating interaction between the tooth and the product, and increasing the probability of formation of fluorapatite (we will have the hydroxyapatite of the tooth + the hydroxyapatite of the product to react) with higher stability and lower solubility when compared to simply hydroxyapatite. That process expands the remineralizing power of the product. In addition, since the hydroxyapatite present in Desensitize Nano P is highly resistant to dissolution, it will protect the tooth hydroxyapatite against the dissolution and may allow the formation of fluorapatite regardless of the dissolution of dental hydroxyapatite.
- On average, how many sessions are needed to promote the remineralization of the teeth with the product?
Laboratory studies indicate that after two applications of Desensitize Nano P, its remineralizing maximum effect can already be observed. Based on these studies, for greater safety of the clinical protocol of product application, we recommend 3-4 applications of Desensitize Nano P when the purpose is the remineralization of the tooth surface.
- On average, how many sessions are needed to promote desensitivity with the product?
The number of sessions is rather relative, but clinical studies carried out (see technical profile) indicate that on average three sessions are sufficient to obtain clinical improvement.
- Is Desensitize Nano P effective in preventing hypersensitivity associated with dental bleaching?
Until now, there is no conclusive data indicating that the application of Desensibilize Nano P is effective to prevent hypersensitivity associated to dental bleaching.
- Since it is a product with nanoparticles, is there a risk to the patient in case of ingestion of P Desensitize Nano?
Laboratory studies with cultured cells show that nanoparticles of hydroxyapatite present in Desensitize Nano P are not toxic to cells, which bring safety in a situation of product ingestion. Another factor that brings safety to the application of Desensitize Nano P is the fact that it releases calcium and phosphate ions when dissolved, and these ions are already regulated (are part of) by the normal metabolism of the individual. The greatest care associated with the ingestion of Desensitize Nano P should be in the presence of fluoride, which, if ingested in high doses, can be toxic. Desensitize Nano P contains 9000 ppm F, therefore its indication is for professional use only.
- Side Effects
• Side effects associated with the use of this product are unknown so far.
- Preservation and Storage
• Desensitize Nano-P should be stored at temperatures between 15º C and 30º C. Protect the product from external contamination. After use, close the package properly. Do not use the product after the expiration date. The validity of Desensitize Nano-P is 2 years from the date of manufacture.
• Do not use the product after the expiration date. For product disposal follow the laws of your country. Do not reuse empty package. Keep out of reach of children.
- Precautions and Contraindications
• For professional use only;
• Do not apply the paste in cavity preparations;
• Do not use this product as filling material / grafting of surgical stores or bone defects;
• Do not apply the paste on ulcers, lesions or abrasions of the oral / gingival tissue. In case of contact, immediately wash the area with plenty of water;
• Avoid ingestion of the material, especially if the patient is suffering from renal or other disorders where there is an imbalance in the metabolism of calcium ion;
• Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, immediately wash the area with plenty of water and seek medical assistance.
Research and Development
In Office Dental Ble...
Whiteness HP BlueWhiteness HP Blue is a product that gathers the technology of the best bleaching dental systems and the new worldwide dentistry tendencies towards... More Details
In Office Dental Ble...
Whiteness HP MaxxWhiteness HP Maxx is a bleaching based on Hydrogen peroxide at 35% for the whitening of vital and non-vital teeth. More Details
In Office Dental Ble...
Whiteness HPBleaching gel based on hydrogen peroxide in concentration at 35% ... More Details
At-home Dental Bleac...
White Class with CalciumWhite Class with calcium is a dentist supervised at home bleaching system, based on 4%, 6%, 7½% or 10% hydrogen peroxide gel. More Details
At-home Dental Bleac...
Whiteness PerfectDental bleaching gel based on Carbamide Peroxide in concentrations of 10%, 16%, and 22%. More Details